[gmx-users] parallel processing

jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 2 09:50:55 CET 2016

Hi Abhisek,

You would need to use another version of gromacs with mpi rather than
thread-mpi (installed by adding DGMX_MPI=ON to the cmake command). You
could then use the following command

mpirun -np 4 gmx_mpi mdrun -ntomp 16 -npme 0 -v -deffnm em

I'm not sure why you are specifying -npme 0 but would suggest you don't do
this and instead let the number of separate pme ranks be set
automatically.

Best wishes
James