[gmx-users] correction of pmf profile due to entropic decrease

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at kemi.uu.se
Thu Dec 8 09:40:09 CET 2016

Dear Alex,

No. First of all, this is taken care of by gmx wham if I remember correctly. And it does so by looking at the dimensionality of your umbrella sampling setup. Secondly, there are cases where you don’t want that correction at all. The manual mentions one such example. In such cases the entropic contribution must be removed.

Kind regards,
Erik