[gmx-users] Charge on drug

tasneem kausar tasneemkausar12 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:23:52 CET 2016

Thank you for reply
What type of refinements are needed in topolgy file.
I have created the topology file from pdb file. Mol2 was converted into pdb
and sdf of pubchem was converted into mol2.
So sdf to mol2 to pdb.
And please suggest me the right choice of server for itp file generation.

Thanks in advance

On 19 Dec 2016 18:31, "Justin Lemkul" <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 12/19/16 5:31 AM, tasneem kausar wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for reply
>>
>> I have visualized solvate.gro and em.gro. Some bonds that are not present
>> in box.gro is seen in em.gro.
>> I am giving you the link of the file to visualize.
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B51QL37xf6MKNXlVT2VHSEM5YVE
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B51QL37xf6MKMTByZmR1MURGTXM
>

> You have an amide group that distorts, bringing the carbonyl C closer to
the amide proton, which VMD then fictitiously assigns as a C-H bond.  The
C-N bond is much too short.  This suggests your topology is of insufficient
quality for doing simulations and requires refinement.  There is, of
course, no actual bond there, as Mark has pointed out.  Visualization
software tries to guess where bonds should be based on interatomic
distances.  The topology is definitive. What you see on your screen is not.

>> I addition to that I have done energy minimization multiple times with
>> steepest decent and conjugate gradient method. Potential energy value is
>> negative in every minimization. When I am trying position restrain core
>> dump with multiple lincs warning occurs.
>

> Your topology needs work.  It will not be stable for any simulation.
>
> -Justin
>

>> Please tell me how this problem would be resolved
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Your energy minimization literally cannot create bonds because those are
>>> already defined by your topology. See

http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Related_Software/Visualization_Software#
>>> Topology_bonds_vs_Rendered_bonds