[gmx-users] Reading tpx file (md_0_1.tpr) version 110 with version 100 program

Zhang, Cheng c.zhang.11 at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 28 22:11:30 CET 2016

Dear Gromacs,

I use "gmx grompp -f md.mdp -c npt.gro -t npt.cpt -p topol.top -o md_0_1.tpr" to generate the tpr file on my own PC. Then I submitted it to our university computer cluster, in which an older version is installed, and I got the Fatal error:

Reading tpx file (md_0_1.tpr) version 110 with version 100 program

I know I should use the same old version to generate the tpr file. But should I unstall the newer one, and install the older one?

Can I use the newer Gromacs to generate the old tpr file? Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Cheng