[gmx-users] How to visualizing gro file in pymol

Dries Van Rompaey dries.vanrompaey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:39:04 CET 2016

Hi,

Your tpr file only has information on the starting configuration (because
it's a file that stores everything you need to start your simulation, not a
file that contains your output). Your end point .gro file can be converted
into a pdb through editconf as well.

However, a better approach would be to visualise your trajectory (.trr or
.xtc) using trjconv (http://manual.gromacs.org/programs/gmx-trjconv.html).

Kind regards

Dries