[gmx-users] Modified peptides

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 3 12:07:51 CET 2016

On 2/2/16 11:02 AM, sun wrote:
> Hello
> I want to do protein-ligand MD with Gromos-43A1 ff. My ligand is a tripeptide with a heterocyclic ring  attached to -N terminus. I read in Justin's tutorial, for non-peptidic ligands, one can obtain co-ordinates from PRODRG server. My question is, if i can obtain the co-ordinates for modified peptide as well? Will it behave like a peptide then? Or should i define the paramenters for ring,alone, from PRODRG, run pdb2gmx for peptide lligand and then combine the co-ordinates into a file and then prepare topology for my protein and make complex.gro?

You should not use PRODRG for anything; its parameters are quite unreliable.

Use the protein force field for anything with protein and develop parameters for
the rest.  This will involve parametrizing a suitable model compound that
contains the linkage to the peptide, so that the topology can be merged easily
to create a new residue or terminus definition.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore