[gmx-users] strange behaviout in 5.1.2

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:26:18 CET 2016

Hi,

You're reading readir.c correctly, and it is correct also. I was
mis-reading
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/5.1.2/user-guide/mdp-options.html about
semiisotropic coupling. (I guess you could imagine that you might want
different tau-p for semiisotropic coupling, but it's definitely not
implemented.)

I agree that it is irritating that grompp now warns that "tau-p = 5 5"
isn't valid, but I think that's better than users thinking two values are
required for semiisotropic, or silently not getting what you might think
"tau-p = 5 10" might implement.

I'll amend those docs to clarify this point.

Mark