[gmx-users] Fwd: FW: PME settings in free energy calculations

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 11:06:13 CET 2016

Hi,

Runs 2 and 3 are using different rvdw and rvdw-switch, which doesn't seem
like the comparison you should want to make. However that should not affect
the Coulomb calculation at all - and certainly not to this degree. What do
you see when it matches? I notice that somehow you are triggering the use
of the generic nonbonded kernel - is that deliberate by you?

The group scheme plus rvdw != rcoulomb plus a switch could well be a
combination that got broken at some point. I tried to verify such
equivalence before we released 5.0, but I could well have missed some. If
so, the rerun with 4.5.7 would be instructive. (Michael's advice on
alchemistry.org is largely based on 4.5-era GROMACS).

Mark