[gmx-users] pp/pme ratio differences between gromacs 5.0.x and 5.1.x

Johannes Wagner johannes.wagner at h-its.org
Tue Feb 9 12:04:07 CET 2016

yes, that reproduces the performance. Of course I can always manually fine-tune pp/pme ratio. It’s just that gromacs 5.0 gave a quite good out of the box pp/pme ratio that allowed to submit the same job with [x] more nodes without thinking about it much. Now it seems we always needs to test for each change in run parameters. Be it box size, number of nodes, different queue with different core configuration. And thats what my question was, if it is intended behavior that gromacs 5.1 does estimate the pp/pme ratio in a different way than gromacs 5.0 for an identical system.

Johannes