[gmx-users] Gromacs installation FTP issue

Ragothaman Yennamalli ragothaman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 05:58:36 CET 2016

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to install the latest version of Gromacs. Before, I mention the
real question I have to let you know that our system admin has diabled FTP
downloads. (Don't ask me why, but all FTP usages in the campus are banned)
So, thanks to a Chrome extension I was able to download the gromacs
installation package using the browser.
However, while installing I realized that Gromcas tried to download the
regression tests package via FTP and it was unable to the installation was
unsuccessful. I have downloaded the regressiontests package from the
browser and trying to install it again.

So, my question is: Can I install Gromacs by bypassign FTP downloads?

Thanks for any input!

Raghu