[gmx-users] calculate *all* carbon atom distances over time?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Feb 16 14:31:45 CET 2016

On 2/16/16 4:58 AM, Athina Meletiou wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Sorry to be a pain (and for probably asking a silly question...) but could
> you maybe elaborate on how the shell script you mentioned yesterday would
> loop over all combinations of interest? I'm not asking you to tell me how to
> write the script - just a bit how the idea would work, as I'm stuck at the
> moment and don't get it exactly? So after I have my carbon atoms in
> individual groups in the index file, I would write a script that would
> combine the groups and invoke Gromacs' g_dist with that same script?

#!/bin/bash

for ((i=0; i < 10; i++ ))
do
     for ((j=$((i+1)); j<10 && $j != $i; j++))
     do
         echo $i $j | g_dist ...
     done
done

exit;

> Also, another question, how can I quote the previous answer in my question?
> It would make it so much easier for you and for other readers to follow the
> discussion if I directly quoted your previous answer but I have no idea how
> to do it.

Just reply to the email like you would any other.  The message is sent to
gmx-users and is then delivered to all the members of the list.

-Justin

> Mark, thanks for the suggestion - I'll try that today. The funny thing was
> that someone with sudo rights did try to update cmake but after updating it
> we get the message that version 2.8.7 is the latest version. So I'll try a
> local install today and see.
>
> Thank you all, Athina
>

> This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
> contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
> please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.
>
> Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message
> or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this
> email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

> may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system,

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore