[gmx-users] crosslinking polypeptide chains

Nash, Anthony a.nash at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 17:22:59 CET 2016

Thank Justin and Mark,

Apologies for not stripping out earlier content from my lazy “Reply”
email. It was a slight of hand.

It had crossed my mind to simply make two separate residues as you both
suggested. Although I was trying to make most of this interchangeable with
the Amber suite (this is an amber forcefield, but unlike my colleagues, I
prefer working in Gromacs), in which XLeap can do this.
However, with respects to Gromacs, what would happen to the charges? I
would essentially have two charge groups if I split them, both not an
integer, but when summed as a pair they would be 0 charge. Is this
acceptable?

Many thanks
Anthony

Dr Anthony Nash