[gmx-users] gmx chi output clarification

Francesco Carbone fra.carbone8 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:12:18 CET 2016

Thank you Justin,

I'm not a pro in C, but I think that in the code, the omega angle is
defined as CA-C-N-CA (Bug #953 discussed this)
dl[i].j0[edOmega] = n/4;
id[n++] = dl[i].atm.minCalpha;
id[n++] = dl[i].atm.minCalpha;
id[n++] = dl[i].atm.N;
id[n++] = dl[i].atm.Cn[1];

I then calculated the same angle using gmx chi (5.0.4) , g_chi (4.6), gmx
angle (5.0.4) and pdbtorsion (an in house tool that is always right ,of
course this is what my supervisor says :D)

If I use pdbs dumped from a trajectory, all of them provides similar values
(3-4-0.2-1).
On the other hand, if I'm using a pdb coming from outside source (rcsb.org),
gmx chi is the only one that gives "flipped" values.
If I remove the flip (173 -180° ) I obtain a plausible value, but then why
don't I see this "flip" when I use "gmx chi" with a trajectory or a pdb
dumped from the trajectory?

Regards,

Francesco