[gmx-users] Unknown bond_atomtype

Nash, Anthony a.nash at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 23:12:00 CET 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the information, Mark. I fully parameterised the bonded terms
using QM data and some software I wrote. Now that I’ve sorted out
ffnonbonded [atomtypes], all that remains are some missing angle terms. I
want to have the forcefield files correct so an MD simulation can be
generated with very little changes to the topol file after running
pdb2gmx. I do have a couple of questions that I hope you could help me
with.

1) For grompp to compile successfully, must every molecule/residue have a
complete set of dihedral angle force constants?
2) It appears as though the residue to residue bond connectivity in my
force field files aren’t correctly parameterised. In NGLY-MOD-CGLY, a
bonded term is added to the topol for the C in NGLY to the N in CGLY. To
avoid this must I add an entry such as -C N in the [ bonds ] section of
the [ MOD1 ] residue definition in aminoacids.rtp? I’m unsure what “-C”
means.

Thanks for all your help.

Anthony

Dr Anthony Nash