[gmx-users] Regarding Lipid bilayer genration

Bikash Ranjan Sahoo bikash.bioinformatics at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:56:07 CET 2016

Dear Gromacs users,

I am writing for some assistance in generating a lipid bilayer membrane as
per user requirement.

The present lipid databases contains generally 128 or 64 lipids.

I would like to use a small system comprised of 40 lipids.

I tried to replicate one system using gromacs *genconf *command (Protocols-
Downloaded DPPC128 from lipid database; selected residue 1 to 2 in VMD and
saved without water, using genconf tried to replicate with nbox 20 1 1).

However, the system is too large as per the box coordinate size is concern.
A random box size define may create technical artifact.

Thus in this regard, could somebody help me in creating such a small system
using any other techniques.

Thanking you in anticipation of your reply.
Best regards,
Bikash