[gmx-users] pdb2gmx with GROMOS

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Feb 19 14:06:55 CET 2016

Can you remind me of the context here?  You've provided output files that
indicate everything is fine.  If there's a problem with *input* please provide
those files, the exact command and selections, etc.

I recall there was some terminus issue, but I've replied to a few hundred posts
since then...

-Justin

On 2/19/16 3:50 AM, Dries Van Rompaey wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. Haven't had a chance to look at this yet. Could
> you post your output files or compare the contents of yours to mine? I
> chose Gromos 54a7 as my forcefield with the SPC water model. (command line
> is gmx pdb2gmx -f 1aki.pdb).
> I'd like to know if this is a cosmetic issue or if something else is going
> on.
>
> My files can be found here:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uapy2vxcprn0uje/AAA1TLME4czf8recVgV7U3koa?dl=0
>
> Thanks
>
> Dries
>
> On 1/20/16 3:48 AM, Dries Van Rompaey wrote:
>> * Hi Justin and Marco,
> *>>* Thanks for your reply. I get this behaviour when I specify the default NH3+
> *>* and COO- termini through -ter, as well as when I don't use the -ter flag.
> *>* Selecting the COOH terminus type removed the warning for the C-terminus,
> *>* but selecting the NH2 terminus type did't remove the warning for the
> *>* N-terminus. That's not a very physiological state, however.
> *>>* Can anyone replicate this error?
> *>
> I can't trigger the same with 5.1 or with current git master.  Try from a fresh
> install and make sure no one has messed with your force field files.
>
> -Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629