[gmx-users] how to set Restraints

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Feb 19 14:11:21 CET 2016

On 2/18/16 9:11 PM, Sana Saeed wrote:
> hisir Justin Lemkul  and gmx usersi am stuck in a problem. i am performing MD
> simulation of complex of protein and ligand for binding free energy
> calculation. i have done all the basics of MD, performed all the BEVANLAB
> tutorials for my learning and some other papers examples. but i never dealt
> with binding free energy calculations , so in different tutorials they have
> the complex topology, which is my problem, i made ligand and protein
> topologies but now i dont know how to get distance, dihedral and angle
> restraints, Sir Justin Lemkul you replied me "To include intermolecular
> restraints and bonded terms, just use [intermolecular_interactions] at the
> end of the .top (available in versions 5.1 and newer).  Use global atom
> numbers to define the interactions." can you a little bit explain how to do
> that.Thanks in advance

It's exactly the same as any interaction.  In the .top file:

[ system ]
[ molecules ]
[ intermolecular_interactions ]
[ dihedrals ]
i j k l (parameters) <- here, i-j-k-l are global atom numbers taken from the
coordinate file

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629