[gmx-users] Did not find any molecules of type ...

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Feb 19 19:10:10 CET 2016

On 2/19/16 1:07 PM, Marta Wisniewska wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'd like perform a free energy binding calculations. I defined my molecules
> by WAT moleculetype in topology and these same name in gro file. I didn't
> include a wat.itp file to .top file.
>
> During grompp command, it shown up an error:
>
> Fatal error:
> Did not find any molecules of type 'WAT' for coupling
>
> I checked out in Internet, but I didn't find any compatible solutions.
>
> Could you help me?

Apparently you did not define a [moleculetype] named WAT.  Note that residue
names (e.g. what you're changing in the .gro file) are not relevant here.
Without seeing your topologies (upload everything to a file-sharing service and
provide a link if you'd like), there's not much more to go on.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore