[gmx-users] converted topology from amber to gromacs

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Feb 20 20:23:10 CET 2016

On 2/20/16 8:49 AM, mohammad r wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thank you for your answer, I used grompp and it didn't give me error. I've
> attached a topology file of my systems. Can you please take a look at this and
> tell me your opinion? You mean that it doesn't make any problem when after
> conversion process the topology file doesn't refer to any force field?

The topology lists all needed parameters explicitly.  Note the header that says
"This is a standalone topology."  "Standalone" means "I have everything you need
right here."

The purpose of the #include function in GROMACS is to say "copy and paste the
contents of the file here."  That is the same thing for grompp as listing all
parameters explicitly.

There is no problem here with your topology.  It just looks a little different,
but if you understand a little bit about how GROMACS assembles topologies, it
becomes obvious that this is a slightly more verbose version of what you are
used to seeing.

-Justin