[gmx-users] Protein-ligand system simulations with GROMACS

Guillem Prats Ejarque Guillem.Prats.Ejarque at uab.cat
Wed Feb 24 14:28:52 CET 2016

Dear Dries,

First of all, I performed my trials in basis of the protein-ligand tutorial that you say. However, it seemed to me that there was too much waters and I tried to reduce the box. I didn't thought with the periodic image convention. A cutoff of 0.9 would be ok?

When I try to center (using the -c flag) in a dodecahedron box, it appears in a vertex of the "dodecahedron" (it not seems a dodecahedron), as it not happens in a cubic box. I have read that this is due I'm  working with a triclinic cell, and that I should to arrange it with trjconv -ur, but it requests to me a .tpr file that I don't have prior the addition of the ions.

Another strange thing that it happens to my previous simulations is that, when I ran a trial of 20 ns, the protein moves a lot (in a cubic box with 1.0 nm of cutoff), and, at the final, it goes partially outside the box. I know that it has to move a little, but all of this movement is normal?

Guillem