[gmx-users] Different results for same protein's simulation in 4.6.5 and 5.0.4

Dries Van Rompaey dries.vanrompaey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 07:29:46 CET 2016

Hi,
Looks like you might be applying positional restraints (define =-DPOSRES in
your mdp file). This is standard practice for equilibration, but I don't
think you want to be doing this for your production run, as this will
restrain your protein to conformations rather close to your starting
conformation. Check if this is the case in your logfile.

Proteins coming 'out of the box' is caused by periodic boundary conditions.
This is probably not a problem. Read this for more information:
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions
Sometimes one pass of trjconv isn't enough to sort everything out and more
might be needed.

Kind regards

Dries