[gmx-users] Coarse Grain using martinize.py

Jagannath Mondal jmondal.backup at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 12:24:23 CET 2016

Dear Tsjerk
  I had a similar question. I guess insane.py script is supposed to build a
coarse-grained membrane/solvent system from scratch. But, if I already have
a particular existing atomistic configuration of lipid/water system along
with some proteins ( which I had obtained by performing an atomistic
simulation), how do I generate a coarse-grained martini counter-part of
that specific atomistic snapshot ?

Your suggestion will be very helpful.