[gmx-users] re-weight Metadynamics trajectory from Plumed to make it canonical ensemble

luigi luigi.capoferri at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:22:42 CET 2016

Hi,

if your aim if to find out other conformational changes correlated to
your CVs,
you don't really need any reweighting of your trajectory: do a PCA on
your trajectory and compare the projection of the frames with CV values
of interest (according to your FES) on the new essential space.

If you well sampled your conformational space during the metadynamics
you should probably discard the part in which the non-diffusive regime
is reached: this would allow you to have a non-biased description of the
possible conformational space along your CVs (no over-representation of
the energy wells). You could also try to remove some noise and filter
out frames with CV corresponding to high energietic conformations
(keeping only relevant part of the FES).
Then evaluate the projections of the frames with CVs of interest in the
essential space obtained.

You should be able to obtain a fine description of what
(conformationally) happen outside your explicitly defined collective
variables.

Cheers,
Luigi