[gmx-users] re-weight Metadynamics trajectory from Plumed to make it canonical ensemble

Christian Bope Domilongo christianbope at aims.ac.za
Thu Jan 14 05:15:39 CET 2016

On 13 January 2016 at 22:22, luigi <luigi.capoferri at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if your aim if to find out other conformational changes correlated to
> your CVs,
> you don't really need any reweighting of your trajectory: do a PCA on
> your trajectory and compare the projection of the frames with CV values
> of interest (according to your FES) on the new essential space.

I think I will just do PCA (g_covar), reweight the covariance matrix and
obtain modes

> If you well sampled your conformational space during the metadynamics
> you should probably discard the part in which the non-diffusive regime
> is reached: this would allow you to have a non-biased description of the
> possible conformational space along your CVs (no over-representation of
> the energy wells).

Technically, MDtraj can do that?

> [...]
> (keeping only relevant part of the FES).
> Then evaluate the projections of the frames with CVs of interest in the
> essential space obtained.
>
> How to do that technically.

> You should be able to obtain a fine description of what
> (conformationally) happen outside your explicitly defined collective
> variables.
>
> Cheers,
> Luigi
>

> On 13/01/16 14:09, Christian Bope Domilongo wrote:
> > Thank you Luiji,
> >

> > On 13 January 2016 at 20:51, luigi <luigi.capoferri at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Christian,
> >>
> >> It is not so clear why do you want to have a "reweighted trajectory", in
> >> which you will likely lose all the maxima explored.
> >
> > In other word I want to get average trajectory canonical ensemble. The
> main
> > objective  to run g_covar, obtain the modes (eigenvalue and eigenvec) of
> my
> > metadynamics trajectory and compare it with NMA. The  challenge is I can
> > not compare directly because the trajectory  obtained  from plumed is
> not a
> > Boltzmann distribution that why I need to re-weight it first.
> >

> >> However, if you want
> >> to extract the frames, e.g. related to a MEP, for, e.g. a nice movie,
> >> you could efficiently
> >> 1. evaluate the CVs values to extract analyzing the FES (and in case
> >> chose the number of frames for each value proportionally to the free
> >> energy of the system at those specific CVs),
> >> 2. select the frames based on the COLVAR files created by plumed and
> >> eventually
> >> 3 extract those frames from the TRR trajectory files.
> >>
> >> If you work in python I would suggest you to take a look at MDtraj
> >> library for extracting the frames.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Luigi

> >> check
> meta
> is
> not

> http://plumed.github.io/doc-master/user-doc/html/_h_i_s_t_o_g_r_a_m.html
> >>
> http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fplumed.github.io%2Fdoc-master%2Fuser-doc%2Fhtml%2F_h_i_s_t_o_g_r_a_m.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHvsK_WNA5VLHnvOijB6GKSrVOz7w

> >> --
> >>
> >> * Please search the archive at
> >> http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before
> >> posting!

> >> * For (un)subscribe requests visit
> >> send a mail to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
> >>

> --
> This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or
> confidential information.
> If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have
> received this e-mail in error,
> please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of

Bope Domilongo Christian
Ph.D candidate in Computational Biology
Division of Structural Biology and Biochemistry
School of Biological Sciences
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore
+6590565804