[gmx-users] membed in mdrun VERSION 5.0.4

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 22:56:45 CET 2016

Hi,

You're right that mdrun -membed is only implemented for one rank - there's
a fatal error message that you doubtless have already seen.

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 5:32 PM Nash, Anthony <a.nash at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> My apologies that this hasn’t made it into one large message. I would like
> to add two further points. It appears as though mdrun (serial) does not
> output a .cpt file when -membed is specified. I just ran out of clock
> time, and the check point file is just not there.

Yeah, there's a message printed to stderr that this is deliberate, because
restart is not supported either.

Also, in response to your earlier comment about using gmx convert-tpr,
> -membed appears to remove some lipids and solvent molecules but it won’t
> tell you which ones until you have the final .gro file. Therefore, I don’t
> believe I can make a .ndx to use with gmx-convert-tpr.

It doesn't matter which molecules from a set of identical ones are removed,
so long as the atom ordering of the resulting system is the same.

Mark