[gmx-users] multiple nodes, GPUs on a Cray system

Michael Weiner mdw224 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 19 20:19:24 CET 2016

Micholas,
Thanks for the quick reply.  This solved part of my problem, in that the system does now run, but it seems like the domain decomposition uses only the number of nodes, not the total number of processors (unless it’s being further divided later in a way not recorded in the log file).  As a result, the simulation seems to run much more slowly than expected.  Do I need to manually set the domain decomposition rather than allowing it to happen automatically?
Michael

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov  <mailto:gromacs.org_gmx-users%40maillist.sys.kth.se?Subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bgmx-users%5D%20multiple%20nodes%2C%20GPUs%20on%20a%20Cray%20system&In-Reply-To=%3C1453225487318.55448%40ornl.gov%3E>
Tue Jan 19 18:44:54 CET 2016

Try this:

aprun -n (number of nodes) -N 1 (1 mpi-process per node) mdrun_mpi -gpu_id 0 (now your job stuff here)

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics