[gmx-users] Constraints errors

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 21 12:46:01 CET 2016

On 1/20/16 11:16 PM, Alireza Moradzadeh wrote:
> Dear Users,
> I want to simulate [BMIM][PF6] using following itp
> [ moleculetype ]
> PF6 2
> [ atoms ]
> ; nr type resnr residue atom cgnr charge mass
> 1 P 1 PF6 P1 1 1.13 30.974
> 2 FP 1 PF6 F2 2 -0.33 18.998
> 3 FP 1 PF6 F3 3 -0.33 18.998
> 4 FP 1 PF6 F4 4 -0.33 18.998
> 5 FP 1 PF6 F5 5 -0.33 18.998
> 6 FP 1 PF6 F6 6 -0.33 18.998
> 7 FP 1 PF6 F7 7 -0.33 18.998
> [ bonds ]
> 1 2 1
> 1 3 1
> 1 4 1
> 1 5 1
> 1 6 1
> 1 7 1
> [ angles ]
> 2 1 3 1
> 2 1 4 1
> 2 1 6 1
> 2 1 7 1
> 3 1 4 1
> 3 1 5 1
> 3 1 7 1
> 4 1 5 1
> 4 1 6 1
> 5 1 6 1
> 5 1 7 1
> 6 1 7 1
> 2 1 5 1 180. 1165.
> 3 1 6 1 180. 1165.
> 4 1 7 1 180. 1165.
>
> But I get following errors for both of my molecules.
>
> Molecule type "PF" has 21 constraints.
> For stability and efficiency reasons there should not be more constraints
> more than internal degree of freedoms: 15
> Is it right to use maxwarn in this case?!

You're being told that what you're trying to do (presumably via constraints =
all-angles) is not physically stable.  You can override this, of course, but
then don't come asking for help when your simulation crashes.  grompp already
warned you :)

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629