[gmx-users] Error bar

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jan 21 15:11:05 CET 2016

Again: please keep all discussion on the gmx-users mailing list.  I am CC'ing my
reply to the list and expect anything further to be asked there.  I do not
privately advise people on GROMACS or simple tasks like this.

On 1/21/16 9:05 AM, m g wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> Did you mean that after calculating the Scd, the output text file must be input
> for g_analyze coomand?

No.  You need to calculate the average and error bars for the order parameter of
each carbon position.  gmx analyze will not give you this, but a simple script
or spreadsheet will do this.  Refer to any undergraduate statistics book (or
Google) for performing such analysis for a data set of N values.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore