[gmx-users] does gromac "mdrun" produce predicted 3d structure?

Arron Lacey a.s.lacey at swansea.ac.uk
Fri Jan 22 14:06:15 CET 2016

Hi everyone - I have used I-TASSER to generate pdb files for missense
SNPs. I understand there are some reservations about the accuracy of SNP
structural changes by using homology based methods alone. Can GROMACS
off anything better? I have used

gmx mdrun <options>

to calculate the energy minimization of the pdb files that I-TASSER
outputs, but I want to know if mdrun can produce the predicted
co-ordinates of the structure due to the SNP (if there is any change
that is)?

Also - does there a better way to embed a SNP in a wild-type pdb file
for input to pdb2gmx?

Thanks very much.