[gmx-users] Simulation runs indefinitely

anu chandra anu80125 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:35:42 CET 2016

Many thanks for the reply. I just created tpr file once again to see the
output message. But, it looks like convert-tpr showing something different
from it suppose to write about the steps. The only difference in the
previous run was that it carried out with single GPU node.

GROMACS:      gmx convert-tpr, VERSION 5.0.5
Executable:   /usr/local/Cluster-Apps/gromacs/impi/5.0.5/bin/gmx_mpi
Library dir:  /usr/local/Cluster-Apps/gromacs/impi/5.0.5/share/gromacs/top
Command line:
  gmx_mpi convert-tpr -s 18md.tpr -f 18md.cpt -e 18md.edr -o 19md.tpr
-extend 20000

Reading toplogy and stuff from 18md.tpr
Reading file 18md.tpr, VERSION 5.0.5 (single precision)

NOTE: Reading the state from trajectory is an obsolete feature of gmx
convert-tpr.
      Continuation should be done by loading a checkpoint file with mdrun
-cpi
      This guarantees that all state variables are transferred.
      gmx convert-tpr is now only useful for increasing nsteps,
      but even that can often be avoided by using mdrun -maxh

NOTE: The simulation uses pressure coupling and/or stochastic dynamics.
gmx convert-tpr can not provide binary identical continuation.
If you want that, supply a checkpoint file to mdrun

READING STATE FROM CHECKPOINT 18md.cpt...

Extending remaining runtime of by 20000 ps (now 17529120 steps)
Writing statusfile with starting step  138970880 and length   17529120
steps...
                                 time 277941.760 and length  *35058.240 ps*

gcq#333: "History has expired" (PubMed Central)

It written *35058.240 ps *instead of *20000ps. *I usually use mdrun as '
-cpi 18md.cpt -deffnm 19md '

Many thanks
Anu