[gmx-users] Simulation runs indefinitely

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:12:52 CET 2016

Hi,

You extended the run time of the tpr file, but mdrun only knows it has a
tpr that asks for a number of steps, and that the input checkpoint file
starts at whatever step it does. If you give it a checkpoint that is from
much earlier in the run, then there's no way for it to know you intended
something else.

Mark