[gmx-users] Failed to lock: pre.log

OuyangYanhua 15901283893 at 163.com
Fri Jul 1 05:11:21 CEST 2016

Hi,
	I am running a 100ns-REMD with 50 replicas. when continuing the REMD by appending to the old output files, such error happened: "Fatal error:Failed to lock: md1.log. Already running simulation?”
	Then I had a test of 5 replicas. I limit the run time for 10 minutes for every short REMD and continue the REMD for at least 4 times. The test went sccessfully.
	why the log files are locked when I run 50 replicas REMD,how to solve it?  And why is OK to continue the test REMD of 5 replicas on the same system?

Best regards,
Ouyang.