[gmx-users] time in restarting job

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jul 1 14:15:21 CEST 2016

On 7/1/16 8:12 AM, Marta Wisniewska wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I am a bit confused. I'd like extend my simulation. For it I used command:
> grompp -f prod.mdp -c prod.tpr -o prod_ext.tpr -t prod.cpt
> mdrun -s prod_ext.tpr
>
> But now I have 2 simulation (first md) 0-100ns and extended 0-50ns. How to
> extend time? Because after trjcat .trr files I'd like to have 150ns
> simulations, not 100ns and 50ns, what I have now.

If you use grompp to extend runs, you need to change tinit and init_step,
otherwise the run starts from t=0.  This can be corrected with trjcat -settime
when concatenating, otherwise use the simpler approach without grompp:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations#Version_4_and_Newer

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629