[gmx-users] Energy between desired selected molecules

Faezeh Pousaneh fpoosaneh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 16:06:04 CEST 2016

Thank you Justin and Mark for the help. I could obtain.

More details for someone with similar question:

1- First I defined the molecules (resnr 1 to 4) I wanted to look at  (from
existing simulation: production.tpr  6000wat.gro) :

g_select -f 6000wat.gro -s production.tpr -on index.ndx

resnr 1 to 4

resnr 5 to 6000

(all other renaming molecules also must be defined as next group,
resnr 5 to 6000)

2- Then I looked at the name of groups created in the index file and
changed the current .mdp file to include those groups:

tc-grps                   =  resnr_5_to_6000     resnr_1_to_4
energygrps            =  resnr_5_to_6000    resnr_1_to_4

3- Finally rerun

grompp -f new.mdp -c 6000wat.gro -p topol.top -o new.tpr -n index.ndx
mdrun -rerun traj.xtc -s new.tpr -mn index.ndx

4- So, if you now run g_energy you'll find those specified groups energies.

Best regards