[gmx-users] Fwd: Problem in applying walls in the z direction

Stephen Chan hcsinfo.2009 at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 2 22:20:43 CEST 2016

Hi Justin,

Just above the fatal error message, there is some additional information:

Initializing Domain Decomposition on 112 ranks
Dynamic load balancing: auto
Will sort the charge groups at every domain (re)decomposition
Initial maximum inter charge-group distances:
     two-body bonded interactions: 10.867 nm, Exclusion, atoms 30544 30545
   multi-body bonded interactions: 0.488 nm, CMAP Dih., atoms 1075 1091
Minimum cell size due to bonded interactions: 11.954 nm
Maximum distance for 5 constraints, at 120 deg. angles, all-trans: 0.222 nm
Estimated maximum distance required for P-LINCS: 0.222 nm
Guess for relative PME load: 0.23
Will use 84 particle-particle and 28 PME only ranks
This is a guess, check the performance at the end of the log file
Using 28 separate PME ranks, as guessed by mdrun
Scaling the initial minimum size with 1/0.8 (option -dds) = 1.25
Optimizing the DD grid for 84 cells with a minimum initial size of 14.942 nm
The maximum allowed number of cells is: X 0 Y 0 Z 2

Do I need to adjust other parameters in the mdp accordingly??

Stephen