[gmx-users] Using ATB to generate valid topologies

ALEXANDER DHALIWAL dhaliak2 at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jul 11 15:53:03 CEST 2016

Dear GROMACS users,

I am pioneering the use of GROMACS in my lab to supplement some of our
experimental research. I have generated some topologies from the Automated
Topology Builder (ATB), but I am unsure whether or not to trust the files
provided by this service. I am only an undergrad, so I would not feel
comfortable asking my supervisor to invest thousands of dollars into a
program such as Gaussian09 to validate these topologies. Does this
community trust the outputs of ATB and, if not, could you provide me with
suggestions as to how I may validate my topologies given my restraints? Any
advice would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Alex