[gmx-users] GROMACS 2016 release candidate available!

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:22:56 CEST 2016

Hi GROMACS users,

The release candidate of GROMACS 2016 is available! This is pretty much the
final form of this year's GROMACS release, but needs some final stress
testing. Please do build it and try it out on your important workload - if
it's broken when doing essential dynamics with velocity-verlet, on an AMD
GPU running OpenCL, with LJ-PME, you might be the only person who can help
us learn that!

Please do not use this version for doing science you plan to publish - it
needs a bit more testing before it’s reliable enough for that. Similarly,
please don’t use this version as a base for a project that bundles or forks
GROMACS.

What new things can you expect? Please see the release notes highlights at
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2016-rc1/ReleaseNotes/index.html#highlights
.

We've fixed lots of old and some newly found issues during the beta phase,
but we'd really value your feedback on whether these fixes are working for
you. We hope you will consider making that contribution, so that we can
continue to deliver high-quality free simulation software that will be
useful to you on day 1.

You can find the code, manual, release notes, installation instructions and
testsuite at the links below.

Code: ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/gromacs/gromacs-2016-rc1.tar.gz
Documentation: http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2016-rc1/index.html
(includes install guide, user guide, reference manual)
Release Notes:
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2016-rc1/ReleaseNotes/index.html
Test Suite:
http://gerrit.gromacs.org/download/regressiontests-2016-rc1.tar.gz