[gmx-users] Error running MPI: Open MPI does not support recursive calls of mpiexec

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:02:33 CEST 2016

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, there's no possibility that mpirun -np
28 gmx_mpi mdrun" could trigger that error from a correct MPI installation.
gmx_mpi tune_pme could do that, but for that to explain your observations
would require some kind of bizarre dynamic linking problem. Much more
likely is an issue with the MPI library, though I can't see one fixed in
the OpenMPI 1.10.x release notes. I would indeed suggest 1.10.3, or the
latest 1.8.x.

Mark