[gmx-users] couple-moltype in FEP

Alexander Alexander alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:17:07 CEST 2016

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I want to calculate the binding free energy of a single amino acid to a
solid surface in aqueous solution by FEP, alchemical transformation, where
perturbations applying on different species in ordered steps. For instance:
Step.1 applying harmonic restraints  to the O and H of the amino acid.
Step 2. Charges removal from the amino acid and two water molecules and an
Ion, happen.
.
.
.
Please have a look at FIG.6 of this paper in which AMBER has been used
(http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/ct400487e)

Actually, I was thinking about your first suggestion, but with two topology
files and two mdp files, however, using the last .gro file of the first
step as input for the second step. And also appending the result of the
second step to the results of the first step.

Best regards,
Alex

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler at stfc.ac.uk