[gmx-users] Problems with TI on GPUs

Wahab Mirco Mirco.Wahab at chemie.tu-freiberg.de
Wed Jul 13 10:25:38 CEST 2016

On 12.07.2016 19:19, Yannic Alber wrote:
> In short, this works for every combination. But with the big disadvantage
> of being very slow and not using our precious little gpu´s.

In 2014, we bought one of the very first GTX-980 for simulation runs.
In Gromacs, the card made the whole computer to lock up after reaching
about 72° GPU temperature, requiring a hard reset. We doctored around
and didn't find a solution. After sending the card back and getting
a different model (custom layout/custom cooling solution), no more
problems occurred during simulations.

Regards,

M.