[gmx-users] Decomposition in minimization step

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:30:15 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Thank you so much for paying attention to my question. but as I said
before I have problem in minimization step. the structure of my ligand is
broken after this step, so I couldn't use the em.gro for the next
equilibration step (NVT and NPT) before the main MD run simulation.
Actually I don't know what the problem is?
how can I fix this problem ?

Please leave the discussion on the list, so others can contribute and
others can also learn. There are an infinite number of equivalent
representations of your system, and mdrun doesn't take the time to guess
which one of them you'd prefer to have in the output. However, if you for
example like the one that you used as input to grompp, then you might do

gmx grompp -f preferred
gmx mdrun -c broken
gmx trjconv -s preferred -f broken -pbc whole

or perhaps other things that are suggested on the page I linked.

Mark