[gmx-users] Correct .mdp file for Amber99SB-ILDN ff implementation in Gromacs

Mohsen Ramezanpour ramezanpour.mohsen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:40:55 CEST 2016

Thanks Joao and Justin for your comments,

As Justin mentioned, I followed the original articles on this force field.
However, I was not sure if the same parameters can be transferred to
Gromacs or not.

The only thing different was the initial temperature of 50K and increasing
it to 310 K through simulation. I agree with you on this. But I had the
following reason in mind. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Since 310 is a normal T, 50 should change to 310, not a big difference.
But, what do you think if you want to have 400 or 450 K as the equilibrium
T? In this case, is not it better to just start with a smaller number, say
300 K, and raise it to 450 K? This is just an example to justify what I
meant.

Cheers
Mohsen