[gmx-users] question about step 3 of kalp-15 in dppc

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jul 15 11:46:44 CEST 2016

On 7/15/16 4:56 AM, roshanak starlight wrote:
> excuse me i forgot that  write subject.
>
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 1:20 PM, roshanak starlight <starlight.r77 at gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> hello
>> i use kalp-15 in dppc tutorial  that there is in this website :
>> http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu
>> i have 2 question about step 3 :
>> 1.after this command : genrestr -f KALP_newbox.gro -o strong_posre.itp
>> -fc 100000 100000 100000 which shoud i choose ?    ( i choose 1:protein .
>> is it right ?)

 From the tutorial:

"The authors of the InflateGRO script recommend using a very strong
position-restraining force on protein heavy atoms to ensure that the position of
the protein does not change during EM."

So choose the protein heavy atoms (Protein-H).

>> 2.where should i add a line "define = -DSTRONG_POSRES"  in minim.mdp ? i
>> add it (define = -DSTRONG_POSRES ) to end of my file . is it true?
>> thank you

It doesn't matter.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy