[gmx-users] Solvate with water

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Jul 17 15:19:14 CEST 2016

On 7/17/16 6:11 AM, roshanak starlight wrote:
> hello i,m trying simulation kalp-15 in dppc by tutorial that is in this
> website:
> http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/membrane_protein_old/03_solvate.html
>  i reach to 'solvate with water' in step 3 .
> 1. i want to know ,is this command true ?
> $ genbox -cp system_shrink26.gro -cs spc216.gro -vdwd  -o
> system-solvated.gro

No, because -vdwd takes a real number argument.  But it's not needed.  The
bigger issue is why you are following on old tutorial (one that I should have
taken offline long ago and shouldn't actually be linked from anything) to learn
about GROMACS.  Use the new version; it's the one I keep updated and that has
current GROMACS syntax.

Note, though, that the membrane protein tutorial assumes the user knows how to
do the "easy" stuff like solvating, adding ions, etc. and will not provide every
single command.  There are other tutorials explaining all of that, which you
should work through and understand before trying the harder stuff.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore