[gmx-users] 5.1.2 doesn't support GTX1080?

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:34:33 CEST 2016

Hello Mark,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

I downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia website and reinstall it
again in my Linux OS. However, when I run command line:

 >nvidia-smi

it failed with messages:

Failed to initialize NVML: Insufficient Permissions

it can only be executed by root user.....

Meanwhile, I also noticed that my GPU for Gromacs job can only be evoked
by root user. Otherwise, Gromacs can only be performed by pure CPU.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks again.