[gmx-users] Query regarding the use of g_energy command to extract free energies

#SUKRITI GUPTA# SUKRITI002 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Tue Jul 19 11:50:46 CEST 2016

Dear Gromacs users,

I wanted to compare the free energies of two different aqueous systems: one containing an ions and a counter ion in bulk water and other containing counter ion in the first solvation shell of the other ion. Can I simply do nvt simulations for both the systems and use g_energy command to extract the free energies for both systems separately and compare them or I need any other method like the free energy methods specified in many tutorials.

Thanks and Regards

Sukriti

[https://sixprd0111.outlook.com/owa/service.svc/s/GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkADNjYmY4NDc0LTVjMzUtNDNmOC1hYzdkLTU5NTZhODkwYjVhNwBGAAAAAACBUPJnHBz9Qb1jEGoiHu01BwCW%2B40K8EMKR52f2bViS6X0AAAANaBFAAC1PvQTaUN0S5CzEDGS8lwUAAIr8o3VAAABEgAQAIhFug57qj9Lg6WQKih11Lg%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=h9cz1GMp80awqK7uWU0tmwAfbhpQFtMYCkfwOWcjFqjCjKA5rnYYMRF4FV7Oec3YWfk_SWGzz4s.&retryCount=3]

Sukriti Gupta (Ms) | PhD Student | Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI at N) | Nanyang Technological University
N1.3-B4-14, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
Tel: (65) 81164191 GMT+8h | Email:sukriti002 at e.ntu.edu.sg | Web:erian.ntu.edu.sg<http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/xuzc/People.html>