[gmx-users] angle calculation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jul 20 14:40:43 CEST 2016

On 7/20/16 3:58 AM, Adamu, Aliyu wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am interested in calculating angle between 3 specific groups. Is it possible to generate the angle.ndx file for theses specific groups in GROMACS 4.6.7? If yes, please how? And if no is there any option?
>
> Please can any one help

gmx gangle with suitable vector selections may work, otherwise output the COM
coordinates of the three groups (gmx traj -ox -com) and write a simple script to
calculate the angle between those vectors.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore