[gmx-users] gmx_ana_selcolletion_t definition

MURILO GABARDO KRAMAR murilokramar at alunos.utfpr.edu.br
Thu Jul 21 18:43:16 CEST 2016

Greetings,

Using version 5.1.2 of Gromacs I was able to develop the selection system
in the proper maner. Thanks again.

Now I have a new doubt about it. I ran both the VMD script that I had
developed previously and the Gromacs code and their results differ. After
futher investigation I've noticed that the selections handed different
results.

I guess that this two statements should be equivalent:

VMD: "(within 9 of index 11776) and (name C) and (not index 11776) "
Gromacs: ""(within 0.9 of atomnr 11776) and (name C) and (not atomnr 11776)"

But running it on VMD I detect 39 atoms and when I run it on Gromacs I
identify only 1 atom.

The same occasion happens whenever I use the following selection strings:

VMD: "(within 6 of index 11776) and name OW"
Gromacs: "(within 0.6 of atomnr 11776) and name OW"

This time VMD finds 1 and Gromacs finds 31.

Is there anything that I didn't detect that make them different?

Thanks.