[gmx-users] decomposition error

Chang Woon Jang changwoonjang at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 00:50:06 CEST 2016

Dear Grimaces Users,

I have the decomposition error. I have tried to reduce the number of cores
but still have the same problem. In my conf.gro, the cell size is about
5.5x5.5x5.5 but I do not know what the minimum cell size of 1.875nm.

 Would you please give me some comments or relevant topics addressed?

Program gmx, VERSION 5.0.7-dev-20151003-1909f2f

Source code file:
/home1/02271/huddack/votca_install/src/gromacs/src/gromacs/mdlib/domdec.c,
line: 6902

Fatal error:

There is no domain decomposition for 16 ranks that is compatible with the
given box and a minimum cell size of 1.875 nm

Change the number of ranks or mdrun option -rdd or -dds

Look in the log file for details on the domain decomposition