[gmx-users] protein and ligand is not forming complex after completing simulation

jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 14:53:10 CEST 2016

Your editconf command presumably looks at the final frame of the
simulation, which were stored into the .gro at the end of the run.

Your trjconv command would give you a set of frames in the pdb, which
you'd see in pymol as states. Why did you pick 30000? I'd pick a smaller
number and look at more frames. You could also do this with -skip rather
than -dt so you don't have to think in picoseconds.

If you have h-bonds throughout the simulation then they aren't
dissociating. It was just something to think about as complexes aren't
stable in real life so there's a chance they could dissociate in
simulations too. This chance is of course quite small unless you have a
very high k-off that comes into the same timescale as MD.